View Single Post
Old
02-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Dicky113

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBruin View Post
I've been one of Kessel's biggest fans since the day the B's drafted him but I would not be all that upset if he was traded as long as we got a good return that can be signed for several years (*cough* Hossa *cough*). While his game has definitely improved in almost all aspects since last season, it seems as though his improvement has plateaued over the past few weeks. My two biggest qualms are 1) he generates a ton of scoring chances but isn't able to bury them and 2) the puck seems to constantly bounce on him or roll off his stick leading me to question his puck control. He will undoubtedly continue to get better but at this point, I am more inclined to trade him for a known commodity (*cough* Hossa *cough*) rather than ride along the roller coaster that is likely to come along with Phil's development.
When he starts burying some of those scoring chances, which he likely will given his shootout skills, he will end up as a 40-50 goal scorer. It could take him 5 more years to reach that potential, but he will get there. If Chia trades him, I hope it's out of the Conference, let alone the Division. If he trades him to Atlanta, this guy is going to burn us for years to come.

Dicky113 is offline   Reply With Quote