View Single Post
Old
04-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Darz

vCash: 500
First off, I agree with montreal, I really doubt we are going to have hockey (NHL) next year, and if we do, it will be a 28-35 game season or something goofy like that starting in January, so as far as free agents and stuff like that, things are going to be really mixed up.

IF there wasn't going to be a disruption next year, I would imagine outside of resigning current player, Gainey would not venture into the free agent market. This could chnage if Kovalev doesn't resign, but I'll assume he will.

I would assume the first line would remain Koivu, Kovalev, Zednik, and the second line would have Ribeiro and Ryder on it. The third member of that line would be the big question mark.
I would think management would want to see one of the youngster grab that spot. Higgins might be given a shot at it, as well as maybe Perezhogin, Kastitsyn, and maybe even Hossa. If management felt that none of those players could fill the role, I could see it being given to Dagenais, or a low priced free agent for at least the first month or so of the season.