View Single Post
Old
04-22-2004, 10:36 AM
discostu

vCash: 500
I agree with others that Kolzig is a "middle-of-the-road" alternative, and not one that Ottawa should really consider. He has a high price tag as well, and that money could be better spent IMO. If Ottawa is going to go after a goalie, I have a short list of people that I would want in Ottawa (keep in mind, this isn't a list of who's available, just who is worth having):

Brodeur
Luongo
Turco
Belfour
Theodore
Vokoun
Giguere
Nabakhov
Hasek

Most of these guys aren't on the market, but you never know. Ottawa has the best trade assets in the league, and if a team does decide to chance it, Muckler should be right there for an offer. If none of those options are available, then you look down the middle of the road options. There are still quite of few of these options available. Guys like Fernandez or Biron are out there. These guys are more likely to be moved, and will come much cheaper. I see no reason to break the bank to get a Kolzig, who I feel is good, but not top 10 calibre anymore. I don't want the financial committment that goes along with him, because if any one of the guys on the top list become available, I don't want to see this team not be able to move on it because they're stuck with Olie's contract.