View Single Post
Old
02-21-2008, 10:38 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Personally I don't think there's probably any real difference at all. The reason why there are so many left shots if you read that article is because odds are, if a player is a professional hockey player, he's probably been playing since he was four or so. So the whole idea of playing lefty makes sense. I think the main thing is, that no matter what hand you are, it shouldn't make a difference. If you're that good, you'll be so strong that it won't make that much of a difference. It's all about technique, work ethic, smarts (hockey sense) and natural skill/athletic ability.

If you took two kids with identical athletic ability (somehow) and started them playing hockey at the same age one righty shooting right and one lefty shooting left, and following them through playing the same roles in the same leagues and going through the same training and workout regiment their whole lives, I don't think there would be much of a difference in how they turned out. Of course there are other factors that contribute to it as well, but just as a hypothetical anyway.

Heck, Brendan Shanahan is a righty who shoots right-handed and he has no problems. I think his 647 NHL goals and still lethal shot at age 39 say so...

Picture to show that he's right handed outside of hockey.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 02-21-2008 at 11:04 PM.
WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote