View Single Post
Old
02-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
Tourist Thread

So if I wanted to go to New York and Long Island for a weekend... how bad is the traffic? What would be the best time to attempt to drive there on a Friday evening? Could I get itckets easily to a weekend game if I tried only a week in advance online? What hotels do you recommmend near Nassau... that aren't out of this world expensive but that I can get easily to Manhattan and leave my car parked for a weekend/3 day weekend? Like $150-200 a night. Is there any place to avoid if my goal is to stay somewhere somewhat close to the arena? I know nothing of New York and think Long Island could be a pretty safe place but close to everything in New York for a 2 or 3 day vacation there and hopefully an Isles game.

Frnakly I know your arena is old and kinda dingy.. That actually is a draw to see the old time arena the Isles won 4 Cups at. And old time somewhat old school arena.. I want to see the atmosphere there.

Anyway any advice.. I might try to come up sometime before the playoffs start... from Ottawa. I frankly fear New York Traffic... and would avoid it as much as possible. So advice as o routes and times of day or night or of the week would be valuable.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote