View Single Post
Old
02-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreiMMermlik View Post
The game he's displaying is waht he is going to give the Habs in the present and the future. Hot streaks mean nothing in some cases. Look at Antropov. He had a great start this year. Now he's falling down and will likely never fetch these numbers again. Even Begin a couple of years ago was leaning through a 20-25 goals season (remember on october-november 2005 when he was always scoring clutch goals?).

Sometime everything works well for a player. But what makes the difference between a great and an ok player is that the great one will adjust his game to the opponent, and the ok player will let the opponents adjust to his game.

Higgins has not the tools to adjust his game to the opponents now. The other teams know him, and he didn't adjust. He doesn't have the talent to do so...
I hate to be redundant... but like I said in my previous posts... This KID isn't even playing right now and he needs a serous wake up call. When he broke into to league he was flying. Do you remember those days? When he used to beat defensemen to the puck on a regular basis. I'm not even talking about puck handling or vision, justs speed alone. He was the man. Right now he needs a smack upside the head.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote