View Single Post
Old
04-23-2004, 02:51 PM
kickice

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kickice
welcome! I'm pretty damn new here myself, and have found this forum to be very good, with many knowlegable Rangers fans. It's a good place to be, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have in the short time I've been here.

Goalie wise, is a big interest to me especially, as I am a huge goalie fan!

My thoughts are with Khabibulin - I WOULD LOVE to see him in Ranger blue. BUT, not so sure it would happen, would he want part of a rebuilding? If he carries on playing well for Tampa in the PO's, there would be big interest. And I think Tampa take up whatever the offer is for his next year... or whatever the terminology is - sorry, I'm from the UK, I find it hard to remeber all the stuff!

So I'm thinking - if we have McLennan back, maybe sign someone like Johan Hedberg? Maybe do the 'Minnesota Wild thing' of having two decent goalies that split time, rather than 1 stand out, and a backup? As we have 2 good young goalies in Blackburn and Lundqvist in the system, I'd be quite happy to have McLennan and maybe Hedberg holding the fort in preperation for the youngsters to step up in the nearish future.

Anyway, otherwise, I agree totally that it should be make or break for Lundi.

I'd LOVE it if Immonen or Petr Prucha make it out of training camp and crack the roster. That would be a big plus.

Not sure about Giroux. And huge question marks with Umberger of course.

From a personal perspective, I'd love to see D-Lac stay, as LaCouture is a big favourite of mine (check the avatar ), I like his heart and soul play, and on the fourth line, I think he'd still be good for the Rangers. He's 27 years old, so it's not like he's an oldie out there, a nice 'inbetween' age for a team that's hopefully gonna take this rebuilding seriously. And a guy who works hard and plays hard, I would love for there to be a spot for him.

I've said before on here I'd like to see an experienced stay at home D signed (someone like Bob Boughner), cos if we go with Pock (as I hope we do), I think it's help him to play with an experienced stay at home guy. Also, if we have Tuytin, Pock and Rachunek on D, I think we do need a couple experienced solid guys. We have one in Kaspar, we need another I think, to help the young guys.

Anyway, those are just a few thoughts to throw into the mix.

Great first post it has to be said