View Single Post
Old
04-23-2004, 03:43 PM
English Hab

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
Bro, I wasn't directing that comment at you or directing it at anyone in "Anger"

I am just trying to reaffirm the stance that I do not want us to lose focus of exactly where we are currently and that is "rebuilding" and that Is all i'm trying to say. I'm not saying "Cmon habs lose this series baby gimme the 18th pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I'm saying "Meh, If we don't win at least we will have 18th and should we win WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO"

yeah i too feel the whole re-building thing and had mentioned it alot previously in threads and few weeks back, when we were staring a 1st round exit in the face... and yes we can still use that excuse as well in some small shape... but if you look at where are players are now popping up from its '97 onwards... These draft picks are the boys who are now coming to the fore front and playing a big part in our team... its back then, when in theory we can label where the rebuilding process actually begun... when we stopped making the playoffs, was when the rebuiling process begun.. So to be honest the further we progress the less able we should find ourselves using this excuse....(not really an excuse as such... but i think you catch my drift...) We made the playoffs two years ago, failed last year by a flea's balls and now we've made it again... the organisation has been tweaked and tinkered with and now its going in the right direction to produce hockey for montrealers in April, and possibly further on.... For years to come.

This rebuilding process is nearly over... what we need to remember and hope the boys in the front office do, is that we need to continue to be on ours toes and on the lookout for great talent... good use of our draft picks and quality for Mr Gillets money in the FA market..... Then we as an organisation want have to call a bad few years a rebuilding time has we'll never ever witness one again...

GO GO!!!!