View Single Post
Old
02-25-2008, 09:56 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
C: Jason Spezza. Big, dazzling playmaking centre with great hands.
327 points in 302 NHL games in a 5-year career with a great 38 points in 36 NHL playoff games. In all-star game (2008).

Quote:
C: Art Chapman. Was declared ineligible for the MLD. Now that the MLD is done, if he's eligible, he's head and shoulders above everyone else. Agitated coaches by concentrating too much on defensive responsibilities. (Note: if he's not eligible, give me former 50 goal, 100 point centre Mike Bullard).
Come on, he was picked - twice!

Quote:
Andre Boudrias: Good offensive LW in the 60s and 70s, especially with Vancouver.
Lots of great material on this guy, a two-way talent, very good on the penalty kill as well. He was on the Grrrowl shortlist.

Quote:
Jyrki Lumme. He could be frustrating at times, but topped 50 points twice and 40 points three times.
The most entertaining player to watch not named Bure, Gretzky or Coffey I thought back then. He could weave magic with the puck. Made defensive gaffs sometimes, other times solid in his own end. He totally should have gone in the ML draft. I was watching to see how far he would drop and was surprised to see him end up here.

Quote:
G: Cam Ward. Another sentimental pick. Conn Smythe winner also a World Champion. I was a fan of his long before he left Red Deer.
bah

Quote:
Herb Carnegie. Biggest sentimental pick of all. Quebec senior league star kept out of the show by racism. Terrific player, class act, magnificent leader, and a deserving HHOF builder.

I was gonna draft him in the ML draft until I came across this devestating letter:
http://www.montrealmirror.com/2006/051106/letters.html

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote