View Single Post
Old
02-25-2008, 09:12 PM
vancityluongo
undisputed genius

vCash: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
Here is my all undrafted team. I think all of these guys were available. If they weren't, let me know. Note: this list is assembled from guys who were on my MLD short list. I didn't do any further investigation from the Legends of Hockey site. And if you notice a trend among many of these players, you'll understand why I took a pass on the AAA Draft.

C: Jason Spezza. Big, dazzling playmaking centre with great hands.

C: Art Chapman. Was declared ineligible for the MLD. Now that the MLD is done, if he's eligible, he's head and shoulders above everyone else. Agitated coaches by concentrating too much on defensive responsibilities. (Note: if he's not eligible, give me former 50 goal, 100 point centre Mike Bullard).

LW: Andre Boudrias: Good offensive LW in the 60s and 70s, especially with Vancouver.

LW: Darcy Rota. First Canucks LW to ever score 40 goals in a season. Also showed grit. Was coming into his own when injuries ended his career.

RW: Marian Gaborik. I could have sworn he was gone in ATD 8. One of the best skaters and goal scorers available.

RW: John Anderson. A consistent point producer in the 70s and 80s.

D: Kevin McCarthy. Canucks captain in 81-82 had very good offensive abilities.

D: Jyrki Lumme. He could be frustrating at times, but topped 50 points twice and 40 points three times.

D: Gerald Diduck. Sentimental pick. Hard-shooting, rough-and-tumble physical defenceman was, at times, Canucks best in 1994.

G: Cam Ward. Another sentimental pick. Conn Smythe winner also a World Champion. I was a fan of his long before he left Red Deer.

Coach: Tom Johnson. HHOF defenceman coached Boston to the Cup in 1972.

Spare: Herb Carnegie. Biggest sentimental pick of all. Quebec senior league star kept out of the show by racism. Terrific player, class act, magnificent leader, and a deserving HHOF builder.
I had Jason Spezza pegged ahead of Handzus actually. Then I saw Nalyd picking him in the main draft for ATD 7, and decided to go with Zeus. To my discredit, I completely forgot about Spezza as the draft went on. I think he's probably deserving of a 2nd line spot in the MLD.

Boudrias was on my list as well. I just chose Tanti ahead of him, for no particular reason. Same thing, Lumme was on the list, just didn't make it ahead of the guys I ended up picking.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote