View Single Post
Old
04-23-2004, 09:31 PM
free0717

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubera55
Eh, just my two cents. I did this a few weeks ago. After some noodling, I allowed that the Rangers would sign three significant UFA's (though it could be more). Rolston, Rucinsky, and Mironov. Anyways, my roster went:

Rucinsky-Holik-Jagr
J.Green-Rolston-Balej
Lacouture-Lundmark-Ortmeyer
Murray/Giroux-Betts/Moore-Stals/Grenier

Losers of the fourth line battles join Immonen, Prucha, Wiseman, Hereema, and possibly Umberger, and M.Green in Hartford. They've all just got too much learning to do to pencil them in ahead of the guys I've already got in NY. But they're all young, and they've talent . . . so promotions are available. I might put Jonasen, Helminin, G.Moore, and/or Dawes in Hartford as well, if they show something special in training camp. And of course it's at least possible that Jessiman signs.

Poti-Kaspar
Tjutin-Mironov
Pock-Rachunek
Purinton/McAllister

Kondraitev, Nycholat, Liffiton, and possibly Baranka headline the Hartford defense. (Grenier is there too if he doesn't win a fourth line spot). If McAllister is succesful in unseating Purinton, I'd trade Dale away quickly. Kondraitev has to agree to play out the year in Hartford, but if he's as good as advertised, he should be able to earn a spot in New York by seasons end. Injuries are a fact of NHL life, so opportunity will knock. Depending on how things go with the developing kids in Hartford, Poti, Kaspar, Mironov, or Rachunek could be moved at the deadline for more youth.

In goal I'd keep Dunham, and re-sign McLennan in case he falters. If Dunham rebounds (which he should) his trade value at the deadline should be strong. I'd have Blackburn and Lundqvist available in Hartford, and probably trade Labarberra, unless he can unseat McLennan as Dunham's back-up.

Anyways, that's what I came up with . . .
1st thing I would do is hire the McGill/Fotiu tandem as my coaching staff

I buy out Poti and Dunham, they both suck.

I bring in Ludquist and Blackburn into training camp. Winner plays 60 games with big team and loser plays 60 games in Hartford. Jason LaBarbera is backup with big team and Valiquette backs up in Hartford.

On Defense we have Tyutin, Pock, Rachunek, Kaspar, Kondrietev,and Lampman

Forward we have Jagr, Holik, I bring the rest of the young players in, draft picks, Umbee, ten best make the team.

Its time to build a new core and UFAs take opportunities away from the young players. We will go through growing pains and some players will bust however some will shine and we will start building our core group. Also with the new coaching staff, the players will follow the rules or they wont play. I believe with Mcgill as coach, the players will buy into the system which will leave us somewhat competitive. If we have a bad year we will be in the Sidney Crosby sweepstakes