View Single Post
Old
04-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Kubera55

vCash: 500
1) Free - Grenier has played both forward and defense. He's really 'supposed' to be a defenseman. But at this stage in his career, he's really just a brawler and can be listed at either position.

2) jay 'n skeeta - Holik isn't a No.1 center, and it's very possible that Lundmark, Immonen, Prucha, or Rolston takes the spot with Jagr from him. The lines I listed were really more about personel than match-ups. Regardless, at the start of training camp that'd be where I'd begin. If someone can unseat Holik, then terrific. If not, then the $9 million man has to play where he's most useful.

I'd really rather not acquire two veteran centers (even good guys like Conroy and Rolston), unless Holik could be moved for something useful. This is a rebuild, and that'd leave only one center spot available for development, and it'd be almost certainly 4th line. The key for me is not to go too far in any one direction . . . too many kids and success is impossible. Too many veterans and where right back where we started.

See my previous comments about getting rid of Poti now, and why I think it's a bad idea.

And I have to agree with TB . . . Ortmeyer's a great guy. But he isn't scoring 20 goals a year in the modern NHL.