View Single Post
Old
04-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Brisson11

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
Vinny didnt get an unsportsman like conduct penalty for mouthing off. Not sure where your getting the info from. When Vinny brings the effort like he did on that first goal by working his ass off to keep the puck in the zone is when he is on the top of his game. In the Isles series he was trying some stupid dekes you simply cant do in the playoffs, unless the defenseman is Briesbois. When he is motivated to play he can be unstoppable. Before a Vancouver game in January he guranteed he was going to have a better 2nd half and thats when he and St. Louis really took off because Vinny was working his butt off. Vinny has far more talent than Koivu but Koivu has more leadership and more heart. I'd say they are both good centers who are just below the elite level centers like Forsberg, Modano, Sakic, Fedorov, etc.
Sorry I just can't imagine Vinny having, and I quote: "far more talent" than Koivu. He does has more potential as a young player IMO and yes, he will be better but Koivu is very good with the puck also. I agree they are both just below elite level but I disagree with you on your Koivu standpoint.