The Official Predators Trade Deadline Thread
View Single Post
02-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces
Join Date: Oct 2002
Originally Posted by
There are times that I wish Nashville had the media savvy, and relentless pressure, of a Toronto. Unfortunately, this is the only sentence you'll ever see that contains both the phrase "media savvy" and the Tennessean.
With the exception of the Marian Hossa trade, this year was a buyer's market. We have large needs for this year and for the future and had a large amount of ammunition to begin the process of filling those needs.
Given some of Poile's comments in the past like Dumont's agent initiating contact with Nashville, Arnott pressuring Poile to re-sign Dumont, Kariya investigating Nashville moreso than Nashville investigating Kariya, etc.- it really begs the question of how much initiative David has to pursue a deal and make the team better.
I would like David Poile to answer the following questions:
1. David, the trades executed today appeared to favor a buyer's market overall. Given the needs of the Predators and the ammunition available to make a trade (particularly on defense), what were the top 10 targets for you and what prevented each of those deals from taking place?
2. For any of the following players that apply, ask the following question: Why was
not included in the list of players you were pursuing?
3. Do you believe that the logjam the Predators have on the blueline is healthy for the players or the team?
4. What players from the farm do you expect to have significant roles for the Predators for the remaining part of this season?
5. Besides signing the RFA's and UFA's that fit into your plans for the team going forward, what pieces will you be looking at in the offseason?
Sutter came out emphatically last week and said Tanguay would not be moved ...
how has rentals for RFA's worked in the past for us?
lots of talent with a two cent head
Joe T Choker
View Public Profile
Joe T Choker's albums
Find More Posts by Joe T Choker