Old
02-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingle View Post
Question.

The Bonk-Legwand-Erat line has had ample opportunity to gel and produce. Is it time to replace Bonk with one of these: Tootoo, Klein, or another player from the farm?
Personally, I honestly would probably try Hlavac on the second line with Leggy and Erat to see if he would have chemistry with them and then if that doesn't work I would shift Tootoo there or even Peverley.

Handtrick and I watched Klein in practice this morning and he is clearly not ready for game competition right now at forward. As a matter of fact, he was playing back on defense during the special teams portion of practice as a PK'er against the second PP unit. Kevin looks very tentative with the puck and is clearly trying to think things through and look for his teammates instead of instinctively knowing where they should be or what he should be doing. He pulls up crossing the blueline and slows down looking to make a pass rather than trying to use his speed and skating ability to drive wide or go hard to the net. With him playing on a line with Smithson and Hordichuk he needs to realize that he must cross the blueline and immediately either drive the puck deep to create room for a linemate to get open or he needs to put the puck on net and allow his grinding linemates to crash the net for the rebounds.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote