View Single Post
Old
04-24-2004, 08:27 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
my point is the kid plays with heart your saying a 4th liner your wrong when players skate the way he skates they become excellent hockey players, never giving up on the play little by little thing will happen for him, atleast thats what i think.
the kid right now is a 3rd linner thats a fact you are off by saying 4th wouldnt say hes a second but could become a player you could throw out there adventually and make things happen.
There's more to becoming a top 2 line forward than just playing with energy. Ortmeyer may be a 3rd liner on the Rangers, but on other teams he does not make it past the 4th line at best. I like Jed as much as anyone, but it's easy to love a kid who shows more energy and heart than 80% of the players who have put on the Rangers uniform in the past 7 years. Off course anything could happen, but prudent hockey minds would not go into a season thinking that Ortmeyer is somehow going to become a top 2 line player. The fact of the matter is that right now, Ortmeyer is just another energetic 4th liner. If he develops more of an offensive game, he can be a 3rd line player. Running around with energy and blocking pucks is great, but that does not mean that suddenly he will "make things happen".