View Single Post
Old
04-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
I don't like Havlat, and personally, I don't want him on our team. All we need is a guy that starts ****, plays dirty, and refuses to back up his play for things to go askew for the Preds. We are good b/c we work hard, finish our checks, and ultimately play a clean game. Almost everyone will stick up for a teammate, but I do not think Havlat will do that. Instead, He expects others to do the dirty work for him. Also, I think his stance on hockey is clear. Its all about the money. He held out for more money, and essentailly got the same deal that was offered to him in the off-season. First of all, we do not have the money to pay for a guy that is going to be taking us to arbitration as soon as he can, nor do we need his distractions, and selfish play. Finally, we are a small team. Losing Hartnell is like asking teams to come pound us even more. There is a big reason why the Sullivan line was unsuccessful in the playoffs, while the Hall/Hartnell line was very successful.......skilled powerforwards that can get to the net.