Thread: What to do now?
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2008, 09:49 AM
**** Farise

vCash: 500
What to do now?

First of all, **** everything. Now here's why...

I basically destroyed my knee last April (thread here http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=372055). Had surgery in July, everything went according to plan, and I was good to go by January. Started skating again January 3rd, slightly short of the 6 months I was told the recovery would take (have to wear a custom fit brace when I skate though). So I was in the process of getting back into shape by lifting a lot, doing HIIT training on a stationary bike 3-4 times a week, and skating about once a week by myself.

Then coming back from work last Friday some jackass loses control of his car in the snow, slides over into our lane, and we crash head on into his passenger side. No one was seriously injured, but I had hit the bad leg hard on the dashboard. My leg didn't feel right, but when I checked my knee stability to see if maybe the ACL graft had torn it felt fine. I had them take me to the hospital anyway to make sure. By the time I got to the hospital my knee was swollen to twice the size of the other, but it still wasn't unstable. Xrays showed I fracture my tibial plateau (right below the knee). Surgeon who did my work says it usually heals correctly, but sometimes requires surgery.

First, anyone have any experience with this kind of injury? And can anyone recommend what the hell I can do at the gym for warm ups now? I still plan on lifting for my upper body and core muscles....but now the bike is out for warming up. I have to wear an immobilizer, and am going later this week for an MRI to just make sure all the ligaments are ok. Basically, just my luck.

**** Farise is offline   Reply With Quote