View Single Post
Old
02-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest View Post
first, doug drafted Z. doug made the move for NAsh, doug is responisible for leclaire. At some point in the past year and a half, anyone with half brain considered tradeing z. Just wanted to say that before the victors completley rewrite history

all im saying. had doug been faced with the richards desicion. he would of found a way to get him. make it a 3 way deal, whatever. huet went for a second. we could of moved our second. the deal was there, scott played the smart conservitave move.

id like to have seen us add yesterday

Yes, Doug did do all those things you said. And I never said all his moves were bad. Though the fact of the matter is, you say anyone with half a brain wanted to trade Zherdev a year or so ago. Well I'm glad that someone in the orginizatin had half the brain not to. It's just my point that we wouldn't have been even considering the playoffs last December if Z was gone. And the GM you admire so much was still here, you can bet that it was plausable. Then where would you stand?

And look at what I bolded in your last post. Which would you have rather prefered? The hasty, stupid move?

Even with Richards, we're not going to avoid more than four losses for the rest of the season. With Crosby, Malkin and Hossa, I bet the Pens lose more than four from this point on. Granted, they'll probably have a good record. But face it, Nash isn't a Crosby, Richard's isn't a Malkin, and Modin is definately not a Hossa.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote