View Single Post
Old
02-27-2008, 12:12 PM
OnYourIgnoreList

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
If it comes out that a guy like Klesla or Norrena or that ilk was a sticking point for the CBJ, then I will join the chorus of those bagging on Howson.
That's a good point, Kallio.

Yesterday in his interview on 1460, the one thing that really concerned me is that Howson made it sound like once he knew what Dallas had offered, he never considered trying to counter it by adding Norenna. I have no idea if that would have given us hand, but who knows. I'd feel better if I knew he at least tried that.

Norenna has more career NHL starts and the same save percentage playing for a far weaker (in every regard: he has a worse D in front of him and gets less goal support) team. Contractually I'm not sure how Smith and Freddy match up, which could have been an issue.

The obvious problem with Freddy is his age compared to Smith. Smith gives TBL not just today's goalie but also adds an asset that they'll have in 4, 5 years once they're jammed at the position. By that time, Freddy's back in Finland drinking...Halibut Coladas or whatever.

OnYourIgnoreList is offline   Reply With Quote