View Single Post
Old
02-27-2008, 04:55 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I really hope we still make a pass for Jokinen this offseason. I highly doubt he will be in Florida next year. He would really solidfy our forwards. Not that I have any confidence in Poile even considering it.

Wish we had dangled Zidlciky. Campbell got a ****load. Granted, Campbell is in a class above Z, but he's also a UFA at seasons end. Someone like Colorado or Philly would've paid a big price for him.

We missed our opportunity to trade Suter. This offseason, people are going to be hesitant to do it, because they will fear the offer sheet.

Prospal would've been easy to get. No excuses.

We have some of the most assets in the league, and Poile has no clue what to do with them. Last year, I would say we had the MOST assets in the leaugue, and we have pretty much have nothing to show for it. This is why Washington fired Poile. He's able to build a decent team, but he can't take them to the next level.

I anticpate Klein will get an offer sheet this offseason, for a little over a million. We won't match, and our compensation will be a 3rd rd pick.

I am gonna disagree with almost everything you said

we couldnt "dangle" Z unless we knew he would waive his NTC.

why would anyone be more afraid of Suter being lost to an offer sheet this summer than they would now, with 18 games to play? an RFA is retainable, if you want him bad enough. Suter is still tradeable, most likely once he gets a QO and goes through arbitration and signs for one year at reasonable money. then a team can trade for him knowing they have him a full year and he is still an RFA.

prospal could have been done if you were satisfied with a rental, because apparently he rejected an extension with us and thats why poile passed. so yes, there are 'excuses'. you whine about having nothing to show for the assets we spent last year (on forsberg) but sound like you wanted us to do the same with prospal.

like i said, poile isnt gonna get dumped on by me unless he sits tight this summer and we bring this same roster back next fall.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote