View Single Post
Old
04-25-2004, 03:30 PM
punchy1

vCash: 500
I also after reading more would rather believe that the Kings will either try and deal up to get Schremp/Tukonen or draw if available Stafford.

Taylor loves the NCAA center and the Kings have not a single top line potential center in their system.

I have been "speaking" with some people who have a very solid understanding of the Kings and what they will be looking for this offseason and they seem to think that the Kings are going to go after Garon/Gerber and a couple of other goalies and that they will be looking to get a top notch young center as their first priority.

I would look to them to either draft Stafford or deal up like we said for a center then to draft a goalie.

I also wanted to add that even though I reckoned that the Kings would draft Montoya (taylors type) that I have heard that if the Kings were going to draft a goalie that they would go after Schwarz hard well before Montoya.

Schwarz plays for a team that is owned by the Kings owner Anshutz and they have the absolute book on him and know how grand he is were what I heard.

So there you go. I like the draft though. I just have to wonder if based on everything I have heard that the Kings won't either trade the pick or draft a center.