Thread: Pazzy #4
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Pluckfur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickledcotton View Post
I'd say the biggest difference in Pascal is mental. I read a post the other day (I think it was here) saying that if a soft goal goes in, he just recoups and stands tall. That NEVER used to be the case in Syracuse. He, or in reality the lack of defense, would allow a goal and you could WATCH the kid deflate. He has come a long way from those days. I also think his training is better now and he is more serious about his game. Seemed like he came out of juniors with the impression that he didn't have to work hard to be good... kind of like the high school valedictorian who goes to college and learns that everyone's at his level, and phoning it in just won't cut it.

He's surprised me in a good way. He's come pretty far from the kid who was plainly displeased at being sent down to help Syracuse in the playoff run a couple years ago (and wound up out of the series with yet another groin injury).
Interesting. I like Leclaire's attitude ... to my ear, he says the right things at the right time and does so consistently.

The defense in front of him has undoubtedly become more reliable than ever before, and I think that helps everyone's confidence, including Pazzy's. Clearly, our TEAM is still a work in progress.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote