View Single Post
Old
04-26-2004, 07:15 PM
rnyquist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
If the Rangers use all 6 or 7 picks in the first two rounds,I will be disappointed.

The Rangers should be aggressive in making deals.

They should use #26 and the two high 2nd round picks(#36 and #37)to move up in the first round or use the a couple of 2nd's to pick up another 1st round pick

They would still have 2 or 3 remaining 2nd round picks

Sitting back and just letting the draft come to you is foolish

Moving up to get a higher ranked player by using the excess picks is the way to go

The Rangers need impact players and not just be satisfied with collecting depth

but we're not really in position to gamble, its not like we're montreal or washington and we're stacked, we have next to ZERO prospect depth, we can't afford a gamble like Brendl and Lundmark its crippled our depth by putting so much faith in 2 guys. Yes i know, different situation but on the same hand we're in the same place. By being agressive we may not acctually improve. Its easy to argue that getting 2 top 10's is the best way but what if both bust and the guy we wanted to take with the 26th pick becomes the next Havlat?. IMO we're not in a depth to gamble, we need the most we can get and thats all the picks, i think we'd be better off dealing the spare parts like poti and what not to move up, even if its a minimal move. IMO we'd do really well drafting a top line forward with the #6, maybe move up and get Olesz (sather loves to gamble) and then take another forward with the toronto pick and then get Tesliuk in the 2nd round and who knows from there, lets find a sleeper, get Rockwell on the phone, who knows, but being aggressive may not be the best thing.