View Single Post
Old
03-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckboy View Post
A general question to all who are involved in youth hockey. What would look for in a program and what would you change to your current organization. I would like to grow the program in my area and am looking for any and all suggestions. It may be anything from how try outs are run, coaches are picked, rink is mangaged.
Ok, so we are still waiting for this last response thread.

Question: In your facility, this youth group that you are trying to help, does the youth group own the rink, or do they just buy ice from the rink?

Why is this so important?

Well, once I find out, I will be able to make some suggestions on how to add kids to the program. If the youth association owns the rink, we have won half the battle. If they just buy ice from a rink owner, then you will have to go into his office and sell him on an idea that will add more kids to the program. However, he might have to give a little in order to make the program work. But in the long run, he's the one who is going to win! We just need to sell him on the concept. Plus, is there a pro-shop in the faciltiy?

Let me know!
Headcoach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote