View Single Post
Old
04-27-2004, 08:31 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_O_T_I
Brunell is a one or two year fix and Gibbs doen't think Ramsey is the answer. Eli could sit on the bench for a year or two and learn.
I'll field this one as a Redskin fan. It's not that Gibbs does not trust Ramsey. It's that he wants 2 capable QB's at all times. He trusts a vet to pick up his system faster than a yute. Gibbs actually LOVES RAmsey's arm and courage. That's why he did not trade him for Miami's 1st rounder and why he steadfastly refuses to trade him now. He is going to sit Ramsey on the bench for a year or 2 and allow for him to learn everything that he wants from his QB.
And allow me to say this as a Redskin fan, living in the Tri-State area. You friggin' Giant fans absolutely amaze me. All I hear from some of you is "Why can't we be the ones to draft a franchise QB?" And now you do and people are complaining? These are the same people who cry for a franchise QB, but when handed the keys to the ferrari, opt for a stationwagon. ALL QB's taken in the first round are chaces. Much as those who passed on Akili Smith are gloating, those who passed on Donavan McNabb or Daute Culpeper are lamenting. You can't go to the Colts and say, "Ok. Now you convinced us that Peyton Manning is good. We'll take him". Things don't work that way.
You draft a franchise QB and don't look back. Granted, I do believe that if I was the Giants, I would allow Eli to sit on the bench for a year or 2. Wether or not that meant sticking w/ Collins or signing someone like Blake. But to complain after you've been handed a franshise QB after not having one since, when?......When was the last time the Giants has a QB with the potential that Manning has?