Thread: Thomas Pock
View Single Post
Old
04-27-2004, 08:40 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
But, let's give him a chance to grow into the job.
Agreed, Brook. Little too early to be penciling Pock into the top 2 pairs. However, there are some things that impressed me when I saw him play and from everything that I have read so far. He impressed me more than Lampman and made more of an impression than Poti did.
Unlike Poti, Pock seemed to know when was a good time to pass and when was the right time to shoot. Unlike Poti, he also seemed to be able to judge when you need a slapshot or when a quick wrister is needed. In THAT aspect, he reminded me of Gonchar. Not comparing him to the player, just that Gonchar switches his shot selection depending on what he sees in front of him. Give him lots of traffic, and he'll whip a wrister. Players on the circles and he'll wind up or pass.
While Pock will not become Derrian Hatcher, he was also not afraid to use his body to seperate the opposing player from the puck. He uses his body well and appeared to have a pretty good grasp on good positional play.
It's too early to get overexcited about a kid that played less than 10 games, but Pock did seem to possess that little "it" that bona-fide NHL players seem to have.