View Single Post
Old
04-27-2004, 10:16 AM
rnyquist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Being aggressive in trades just means overpaying. We should try to trade, but we should be mindful that a second round pick is worth whatever a second round pick is worth. It's not worth less just because we have a bunch of them.

I remember back to when Philadelphia signed Chris Gratton and had to give 4 first round picks to Tampa. Tampa turned right around and traded those four picks back to Philly for Mikael Renberg and two nobodies. They made the mistake of thinking that first round picks weren't worth very much just because you had a lot of them.

If a good deal comes along, take it. But we shouldnt' go into the draft looking to move up. Hell, we should move down if a good deal comes along to do so. MAXIMIZE YOUR ASSETS.

you had me believing until you said trade down. The rangers can't afford to trade down, we NEED a franchise kid, whether its Schremp or Olesz, we can't afford to deal down for an extra 2nd. If anything if Chicago takes Barker we should get Columbus on the phone and find out how much it'll cost us to move to #4 and get our choice of pick. I'm sure they'd draft thelen at #6