View Single Post
Old
04-27-2004, 10:12 AM
NWT Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Dan, great read.

I also agree with you that I expect some much better things out of Ferland, Milroy and Archer next season. Some players take more time adjusting to the AHL game, and I would expect a much better sophmore season from this trio.

As for players who could make a splash in Montreal's camp next fall, it is really hard to ignore the great season that Pleks, Higgins and Perezhogin have put up. Both Higgins and Perezhogin had a relatively slow start, or else they could easily have finished at the top of the rookie scoring.

Hossa and Hainsey still top that enigma list. Both really talented, but both with major flaws/gaps in their game still. I was hoping this would be their pro breakout season and they would have flourished with key ice time and with a good bench boss in Jarvis, but I still can't figure why they didn't take more advantage of getting management's eye.

I am also quite interested in how Gainey and Savard deal with the fact that they now have 4 goalies on contract (albeit several have contracts about to expire). Clearly, with the recent signing of Danis, those other three won't all still be around in September IMO.