View Single Post
Old
04-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Disagree here. He's a heckuvalot better than either of those two. Watch how many two handed hacks both of those two give to opposing players. Watch how many times either gets their hands up in the face of others when they are hitting/getting hit. Havlat, while no angel, is nowhere near their level and to say he is shows more of obtuse hatred of the player (for a few random acts) than his overall dirty play should warrant. I don't like Havlat. I don't like his stickwork. But he is not on the level of those two.
I agree.

And Wurtzless, we will have to agree to disagree. I will point out one misconception. I am not saying a 30 goal scorer will be bad for the preds, I'm saying Havlat, with his attitude towards money, would be bad for the Preds. The kid was not going to play at al lfor the Sens this year, and they were likely the no. 1 cup favorite @ the start of the season. We need a 30 goal scorer, but if we are going to invest top dollar in one, he better be a leader and a stand up guy. Not somone that is going to bring shame to this organization through questionable plays. Lord knows, all we need is the Tennessean saying " Predator player attacks opponent with stick", to kill off what fans we are starting to attract.