View Single Post
Old
03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
You could be correct. I mentioned it on my site during my wrapup just a few minutes ago, that it may be conditioning. I dont know exactly what it is, but it does bother me.

and they find themselves out of the NHL REAL quick.

Even Jagr doesnt glide as much as Chere did in this one. Jagr skates aggressively on the forecheck, and when he has the puck, and glides while getting back in the zone. Chere was gliding on every shift, both ways, and it was very noticeable.

I cant think of a glider on a our team right now. Dawes did it during his first stint, but now he skates all the time, in all 3 zones.
Actually, I would say Jagr is still very much of a glider without the puck. He'll race to get a puck, but if the Dman beats him there, he very rarely throws a check, instead reaching in with his stick. He doesn't work hard to get position unless he has the puck. And he glides and reaches a lot on the backcheck. Maybe he's afraid of taking penalties, I don't know.

This isn't really meant to criticize Jagr. I'm just pointing out that even one of the best players in the world has holes in his game. Chere is only 19 and if his work ethic is a problem, I have to imagine that his coaches talk to him about it. And I know the coaches here will push him, so I'm not really worried about it. As long as he has the passion to play and be the best, the work ethic will be there.

Kids like Dubi and Dawes were always told they weren't good enough, so they busted their ***** to prove everyone wrong. Kids like Chere and Bourret were always told how good they were, so they were never pushed to work hard. I don't think Bourret has the passion for the game and the will to be the best. I don't think he will ever realize his potential. But I think Chere is different. I think he truly loves the game and his decision to play another year in the RSL and get stronger, knowing that he wasn't ready for the NHL, shows his maturity and his desire.

I don't know, maybe I'm just talking out my ass here, but that's the impression I've gotten from him so far.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote