View Single Post
Old
04-27-2004, 10:43 PM
charliemurphy

vCash: 500
How about this...IMO...we should...
1-Stay at #6 and select Ladd. He could very well turn out to be the legitimate top 2-line LW that the Rangers need. With our second 1st round pick, who know's Valabik, Thelan, Tukonen. Rather have a second 1st rounder in 05' draft.
2-Sign RJ Umberger. With this rebuild, how can the Rangers not afford to sign him. This is another kid that can very well turn out to be a top 2-line center. RJ Umberger and his agent would have to seriously consider an offer just under $1m, if not $1m. From what I've read, I believe he turned down the original offer from Vancouver which was $1.25. Don't quote me. I think that figure was from 2001 anyway.
3-If Poti is dealt, he should be packaged for a real impact player. Sather should find out what it would take to land Speeza. Poti/Lundmark /Dunham/2-2nd rounders 04' could do it. The addition of Speeza would be huge. It would be funny if Rucinsky would return:
Rucinsky-Speeza-Jagr.
4-Getting ahead of myself. The NHL is going to change next season, if there is a next season. Contracts, Salary Caps, Luxury Taxes, FA's, etc. First things first. Sather needs to find the right coach. He can't screw that up.
Yep, this offseason is very important to say the least.