View Single Post
Old
04-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
We've had a lively discussion before regarding the picking of a skilled, high ceiling player like Schremp or Radulov (who I like better then Schremp) vs a more "steady" pick like a Ladd or Tukonen...Valid pros and cons have been made for both, especially the skilled guys concerning their attitude or perceived attitude...Given our picks of the last few years, I still go with the skill guy (Schremp or Radulov)...But, I gotta say, I'm getting a little bit more leery of Schremp after reading the latest story at http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam040427/chl_lon2-sun.html, Yeah,it seems like Schremp is taking the high road with his reaction to the limited ice time but for it to even happen in the first place is a bit troublesome..It could be all the coache's faullt/preference or it could be a coach-player friction over style, or Schremp could be part of the reason or perhaps Schremp is just one of those players, rightly or wrongly, that irritates coaches..I have no clue but all I know is that, at #6, we better know all the answers before drafting him....All that being said, I go with RADULOV!