View Single Post
Old
04-28-2004, 01:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Ok, enought with the emoticons, no one responded to this, and I thought it deserved a response.

i didn't, but i meant to. i think that our success has come from the "scoring by committee" approach, because...let's face it...we have a lot of guys that are "decent" scorers, in the range of 15-20 goals a year, pretty consistently..but they're all streaky. even sullivan and walker. look at someone like orszagh, for example. he scores at insane paces(remember when he was near the top of the league, early on in the season? 9 goals when the most anyone had was 14?) and then he won't score a goal for 25 games. hall is like that, too. the list goes on and on. however...we seem to be fortunate in that when say...orszagh isn't scoring...johansson or erat is. when they're not...johnson is. i think bringing in a guy like havlat is kind of pointless, though. we didn't lose near as many games this year due to lack of scoring...we lost a lot of games...4-3. i'm in no way advocating trading hartnell, but if it were to happen...i'd much rather it be for a big, defensive d-man...someone like(continuing with the Sens example) chris phillips.