Old
03-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post

good one.

I knew I shouldn't have come here but... well I like punishing myself.

Tootoo's hit was clean. Other than it being a charge with intent to injure, of course.
but I'm not here to argue with you as we will forever disagree. With me being the Canucks homer and you being a Tootoo homer.

But how you can defend a cross-check to the face boggles my mind. But hey, you find reason for anything if you're a fan
Who cares how far Tootoo came to make the hit, Miller had the puck, was looking straight at him, was not put into the boards with his numbers showing, was not elbowed, and Tootoo did not leave the ground. You can try and stretch the play into a charge, but by the way the game is called, that hit was perfectly fine. It was MUCH more legal than Rypien's hit, as Rypien actually left his feet on the hit.

I'm not defending the cross-check, as much as I'm pointing out that it was not an intent to cross-check Bourdon in the face. Tootoo is an idiot, I'll readily agree, but he was going for the chest in this instance. Bourdon pushed the hands up high, making it appear as if it was a headshot, which simply was not the case. Don't forget that Bourdon is at least 5 inches taller than Tootoo, more like 6 inches....