View Single Post
Old
03-07-2008, 01:58 PM
  #157
nni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
ill address it in your manner, and hopefully this will get through, and then i will have to take another break from you. i hope this is an age thing and you will grow out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
You do. If you say, worked out for 3 hours in the gym with weights, you'd gain next to nothing and probably lose weight (muscle) because your body had been in a catabolic state for so long.
awesome, who said anything about this. i was talking about cycling cardio, you were talking about losing your vo2max, this has nothing to do with either. anyone who is in the gym working out legitmately and not socializing for more than 90 minutes is an idiot (and 90 minutes is being generous). stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Your body can't adapt to HIIT by design because you are always constantly changing the intensity of the workout and taking it to another level. After 4 weeks, your 100% effort is going to be way faster than that of when you first started.
your body certainly can adapt to it. if you do the same routine your body will adapt and you will see diminishing returns. this is a long term thing, it doesnt mean after 4 weeks you have tapped out. obviously you will see results at the end fo 4 weeks. you simply arent understand what i am saying, if you do this everyday for months you will see a drop in returns and you will have to cycle off of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Prove it. Show me evidence that says HIIT is even remotely dangerous. Again, due it its design, the total time spent working out isn't anywhere near enough to harm you unless you have heart problems. Most guys who workout only do it during their cutting cycles because it's too damn effective when it comes to the bulking cycle. But there is no danger in doing it constantly.
dangerous? i didnt say that, but it is putting your body under an enormous amount of stress, including your joints, and really shouldnt be done for long term. it is an effective tool not to be abused, it is something that should be used for x amount of weeks, put aside, and then revisited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Very effective at dropping your VO2max and losing everything you worked for. Sorry, but walking or jogging will not bring up your max like HIIT. That is why professional athletes use it.
your vo2max will not drop as you are continuing with cardio. your vo2max will stay steady, and possibly rise abit from longer bouts of cardio. and professional athletes also regularly do long bouts of cardio in the standard format, which to you is a waste, so dont use that as an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
See above. Standard cardio is boring and for the masses. It has its uses, like for those who can't physically do HIIT yet. Or have a heart problem etc... But if you want scientifically best workout, HIIT is the way to go. It's a pain in the ass. Even I hate doing it. But there is no denying it works.
who gives a **** if it is boring. it is effective. you read one study and you are convinced? show me any study that uses HIIT long term? they dont exist. it is a useful tool, as is standard cardio, and in a successful serious routine, both should be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Congrats, you must be a super freak. Because if you honestly managed to do 15 minutes of intervals lasting 60 seconds each at 100% effort flat out running, that's what you'd be. If you took an NHL player and asked them to full tilt for 60 seconds they might manage it, but definitely not on the next interval. If you've ever watched someone race for a lose puck, miss it, and the D passes it back up the ice the guy is noticeably laboring and slower after only 20-30 seconds of flat out effort.
i think you are underestimating yourself and professional athletes. do it, thats all i can say. obviously your 100% effort level drops, but you are still giving all you have. if i remember correctly, i used to do 5 minutes medium effort, 60s all out, 30s less than medium, 3 minutes medium effort, 45s all out, repeat until you hit 15 seconds. the finish out your run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
You are that person that sits there and no matter how many people correct him continues to go on and on about their opinion. That's fine, I guess I can just continue to rebut it or ignore it. But nothing pisses me off more than people giving dangerous advice which is what you were promoting with the 45 mins of HIIT ****. There are a lot of ways to get results. You can go on a keto diet of 1,000 calories a day and run for 4 hours straight and lose weight. Doesn't make it safe or effective.
no, as you can see, i corrected myself with respect to the other poster who was receptive and not insulting. i have my opinion, and i have the many articles, texts, books and studies i have read, and when i see someone who isnt understand it correctly i will chime in. when that person tells me i am wrong, and i know i am not, i wont back down and i will try to help them understand. when they are close minded ill give up. after all, i am simply here to help, this doesnt stroke my ego, i like helping people, if they dont want to be helped, then so be it.

nothing i said was dangerous. i have been in an atheletic environment for most of my life, and have been very lucky to be involved in things that most people arent, and i have gained some insight of which i will gladly share. now if you werent close minded, when you saw 45 minutes of hiit (of which is for only the most advanced or less intense, either way) you may have asked how, instead of deeming it dangerous. i know it is amazing that someone may have a routine that doesnt match your 100% it could be much different timing, but that never crossed your mind once. me, i am always open to learning new things because science has not discovered everything about hypertrophy and training, and new studies are released all the time changing our view. if you are set in your ways thinking what you are doing is the best, then you will also be set in your progression and never advace beyond that.

now, im done with you for now, if i see you misunderstanding something else, ill step in so that people dont take everything you say as fact, or not, you might just be a lost cause. who knows, but honestly, aside from you insulting me several times, good luck with your training.

nni is offline   Reply With Quote