View Single Post
Old
04-28-2004, 10:07 PM
nyr5186

vCash: 500
Poti's trade value at the draft really depends on how much money Sather would be willing to eat. He's due to make $3.1 million next season. Other than Sather himself, I dont think theres any GM in the league who would be dumb enough to take Poti and his contract off our hands for nothing, let alone give up a 2nd round pick in the process. With the uncertainty of the lockout situation, why would any team give up anything worthwhile for a headache like Poti and then have to pay him even if no games are played? The only way Poti is getting traded is if Sather is willing to eat some of his contract. If you want to get anything good back for him, you'll have to pay a large portion of it. And even then, I think its doubtful you'd find a sucker to give you a 2nd round pick. So essentially, you'd be paying upwards to $3 million for a 2nd round pick and Poti's riddance. Bad deal if you asked me.

I agree with Kubera. If a good deal comes a long, deal him. But I'd much rather hold on to him, give him one last chance to prove himself, try to raise his trade value and then trade him to a contender at the deadline. He just has no value at this point.