View Single Post
Old
04-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Rodent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
keep Prucha and the #6 overall pick and hope to get two top six guys instead of one superstar. Imagine that, the Rangers being a threat on more than one line. Now that's quite novel.
I agree wholeheartedly, particularly after some of the stuff I'm hearing about Ovechkin.

Make no mistake. Alex is supremely talented.

But he's very raw and probably not ready for the confined rink of the NHL at this time. It takes some getting used to. Yet his agent does not want to see him spend any time in the minors.

There's also an issue with work ethic. And that's no secret.

There's also the question of how easy it will be to sign him given the threat by the RIHF to pull out of the bilateral with the NHL (which amounts to a ransom demand).

Ovechkin is probably two years behind Prucha in terms of being ready for the NHL. Alex is certainly not as polished as Petr at this point.

Will Ovechkin eventually become "The Next One"? Perhaps. But that's not guaranteed.

I prefer to stick with Prucha and a sixth overall (as you advocate) and gamble on two warm bodies rather than one if one of the two keepers is Petr Prucha.

Last edited by Rodent: 04-30-2004 at 03:26 AM.