View Single Post
Old
04-29-2004, 08:16 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
Are you freegin crazy?

AND, you still didn't answer the question. You still say he can't make the big play, so what do you call the Philly play? Don't answer with something about SF or something about a ratio of dropped balls to td's that you can't even prove....if he doesn't come up with the big play then what do you call Philly?
No, I'm not crazy. I just don't think of Shockey as a big-time player, YET. Yes, the Philly catch was a big catch. But to me, the drop in the playoffs is unecxusable. If he catches the ball, the Giants win the game. Who friggin' cares how much the Giants were ahead by? Did they loose the game? Yes. Would they have lost had Shockey held on to the ball? No. Say what you want, IMO (and again I underscore that this is only my opinion, to which I am certainly entitled to) the drop in the playoffs is every bit as big as the reception against the Eagles.
And, living in the Tri-State area, one cannot help but watch a good amout of Giants game. I do not have enough fingers or toes to cound the amount of passes that I saw Shockey drop when the Giants were struggling to maintain a .500 record. He dropped first down after first down, touchdown after touchdown.
Don't you think that there is a coincidence as to why he has only 2 Td's in his first year and only 2 last year? Or did he just catch the only touchdown passes thrown to him?
Shockey drops a lot of passes, IMO. Look Giant fans, this is only my opinion. Y'all can disagree. But I see a different Shockey than the rest of you do.