View Single Post
Old
04-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Dr Love

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
He does seem to be one confident young goalie, based on nothing more than the three games I saw him play with the big club and the overall aura surrounding him this year.

However, I don't know if I want Frank riding the pine just now in a backup role when he can be earning the lion's share in the minors. Eh, maybe 20-25 games backing up Esche wouldn't hurt him that much, and the Flyers do seem like they have a bunch of other guys that require development in net so maybe it wouldn't be a bad time. From what I remember, Burke's contract expires this summer.
Burke has a funky dual option where he and the team submit sealed envelopes stating each's sides desire or lack thereof to return. If only Burke wishes to return, he'll make $4.25M, if both want him back, $4.5M, and if only the team wants him back $4.75M (although I could have the first and last salaries flip flopped). Expensive for a backup, but I agree, let Frank be the full time starter for the Phantoms for another year and get another season's worth of experience, and confidence, under his belt.