View Single Post
Old
04-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Servo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
So you're telling me that in the first 16 games his rookie year, he was only thrown to twice in the endzone? And all of last year (since you only recall one drop), he was only thrown to 3 times in the endzone (his 2 TD's & the one drop)? Are you kidding me? Shockey drops more than his share of passes. I think that we (myself and the rest of the Giant fans here) will just have to agree to disagree on this. We'll just have to wait until the season starts to start this up again (as we watch as Shockey drops more balls as a result of being pummeled by Arrington and Taylor ).
Actually, Shockey was very rarely thrown to in the end zone. One of my few complaints about Kerry is that he would overlook open receivers in the red zone, and Shockey was often open and Kerry never saw him. One of the times Kerry did find him was here at FedEx Field in the end zone, which was called back on a bogus offensive PI call (which Shockey gets a lot of simply because he is stronger than most DBs and LBs). It was OK since Hilliard scored a couple plays later. By the way, it was Shockey who caught the pass that essentially put the Redskins away in OT in that game, with Jim Finn then making it a short FG with his catch and run.

And if you want to talk about overrated players, how about LaVar Arrington? All talent, no brains. Even Dhani "Air Guitar" Jones had better numbers last year.