View Single Post
Old
03-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Zorf

vCash: 500
I also think that your D could use a little more size. Komisarek is a monster in every aspect of the defensive game, but he has to deal with the best players in the league every game, and that can wear a player down when he is alone to do the job. O'Byrne is a big guy too, but he needs time to develop into a true shut down player. It is a tricky balance. Montreal is geared to skate circles around their opponents, and big d-men don't help that, but, when you face a tight team (like the Sens were last night), a little more size could go a long way.

Don't get me wrong about Komisarek, he is one of the top d-men in the league. I am not trying to bash him at all. 29 other GMs dream about having him on their team.

Like most of the people above, in 2-3 years, the Habs (who are a good team now) will for sure be a great team. The youngsters you have now will have grown into their roles, developed their style of play, and gained valuable playoff experience. It is easy to see that this team you have will make the playoffs every year. They will be strong contenders, and they will get better every year. You clearly have a bright future ahead of you. Although it is frustrating right now, it will be worth it...even though I am personally hoping that it doesn't

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote