Thread: Hitting Girls
View Single Post
Old
03-15-2008, 10:11 AM
frito

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-PAX View Post
Make no mistake about it guys are always stronger and almost always better. By PeeWees girls should no longer playing with boys, and any parent allowing their girl to play Bantams and above with boys is very stupid.

Never hit a girl.
I couldn't disagree more. Just ask half the US womens Olympic team. Most of them grew up playing on boys teams and didn't ask for any special treatment. As the father and coach of a peewee girl, if they're up to the task, let them play. I ask my daughter every season, do you want to play with the boys or the girls. The decision is entirely up to her.

I give her no special treatment over the boys. She got totally Scott Stevens'd at open ice because she was skating with her head down. My reaction was the same as it would be for any kid on either team. I didn't get mad because it was a CLEAN hit. When she came to the bench, I asked if she learned anything. She looked at me and said "Yeah, don't skate with your head down." I've had that exact same converssation with some of the boys on the team too. It's not a gender thing.

In the case of the original poster, I would hope the reaction of your team would be the same regardless of the gender. It sounds like your player was on the receiving end of a DIRTY hit. It doesn't matter if your player is a boy or a girl. The other player
Quote:
kid elbowed one of our girls in the face and crunched her into the boards hurting her
. That easily could have been a boy on your team and I hope the Captain's response would be the same.