Old
05-01-2004, 06:50 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laches
Poti's trade value? What would you be willing to give up for an offenseman that doesn't produce, is a huge defensive liability, and avoids contact like the plague?

I don't think you're going to get a whole lot for Poti. His skill set might make him of interest to teams like Florida and Carolina that are in desperate need of offense, but I doubt they'd offer much in return. We're probably best off keeping him and hoping he figures out a way to put his raw talent to use next year, if there is a next year.
I'm not expecting a bounty of a return, but, he's still twenty-seven and only one year removed from an all-star appearance. While he makes a fair amount next year, he doesn't cost a team a long-term hit. In the right situation, with the right defense partner, his puck-moving skills are an asset. This team, however, is not that situation. I see Sather using Poti and a 2nd rounder as bait to move into the first round. I still think Atlanta is a prime target for such a move; they were willing to trade their #1 last year for a young veteran to help them get into the POs, and have a need for a puck-moving defenseman. That hasn't changed.