View Single Post
Old
03-15-2008, 09:03 PM
kostitsyn1489

vCash: 500
0-0 after 1. Pretty tight game, looks like playoff for sure. Really intense and basicaly no space in offensive zone.

White fought at the end of the period, just saw the end of it, but it looks like he lost that fight.

I didnt see much of him overall, but he's got one or 2 really good shift where his line with Schultz got some good scoring chances. I dont think his speed really is an issue, he looks pretty quick out there and he's won most of his battle around the board and he won all of his face off i think.

Maxwell struggled a bit, he tried to deke Alzner at some point, but Alzner stopped him really easily. He had trouble to get in the zone. On the PP he played the Point, he failed at blocking the puck at the blue line early on, looked like a basic play, but Himen almost scored of that turnover and kootenay had to take a penality. He plays with Bailey and Strickland on the 2nd line. It seemed like Maxwell had to do much of the work on that line. I'd like to see him play with a guy like Jacquemet.

16 yo Braydon McNabb played great. He was pretty good in his own end playing physical in most situation and was pretty effective on the rush.

I like the way John Negrin plays as well. He's got really good wheels, he reminded me of Niedermayer by the way he played. He was joining the rush alot, but was never out of position, always back to defence in time.

While Alzner and Plante was on the ice Kootenay didnt do much, both were really steady in their own zone, except one awful turnover by Plante on the breakout that led to the ebst chance of the first, but overall they didnt allow much to Kootenay.

I'm pretty sure some team will sign Dan Dasilva after the season. It's his last season and the guy has got skills. He was the best player on the ice by a far margin, he also plays the PK.

2nd period

1-0 Calgary 25-0-0-0 while leading after 2.

Weird call early in the period on Kootenay and Calgary took advantage of it. Pretty nice feed by White at the high circle and Nixon made a nice shot for the goal.

Maxwell has been better this period that's for sure. Especially late in the period he looks a bit more dangerous, but it seems like he misses that split second to really get a good chances. Hopefully his injury fully heals soon.

White also been pretty good in the 2nd. He's pretty good in his own end, he's been pretty effective to get the puck out of the zone and in offense he was always dangerous.

Stone was really effective on the PP. He's got good ice time on the PP and he isnt scared to use his shot which is pretty good.

Alzner is NHL ready, no surprise for anybody, but he really is. He's dominant out there, when he's on the ice he really controls the play. Cant wait to see him in the NHL.

3rd period

4-0 Calgary

1 goal by White second point of the night. A breakaway goal after quite a lucky bounce near the red line and he scored five hole. White has been pretty effective in the 3rd as every hitmen protecting that lead.

I liked what i saw from Schultz, he isnt slow at all to me. He made a few nice play to get his line good scoring chances. I'd see him getting drafted around 45-50 maybe.

Nixon was really good in offensive zone, always seems to find good shooting lane.

Not a great game for Maxwell that's for sure, couldnt get break and wasnt too effective in offense. But that was he case for pretty much every players for Kootenay. Calgary was amazing in their own end and no wonder why they are first in the conference.

Here's the box score
http://whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1005131

Last edited by kostitsyn1489: 03-15-2008 at 10:43 PM.