Thread: Poor Koivu
View Single Post
Old
03-16-2008, 12:57 AM
DrMailloux

vCash: 500
Honestly, i have been really disapointed with Koivu this year but eh, he's getting old and he has maybe 3-4 years left before his retirement.

I agree that he has been stuck for quite a time with 2nd/3rd liners but frankly, he has to share responsibility for the disastrous season of his line, Higgins is not entirely responsible for the line's problem and Ryder, well they tryed kostitsyn instead of him and it still is not working very well.

We just can't say that Koivu is not accountable of the production of his line as you said, he his the playmaker. Another thing i can't stand is the bad penality... Evryone knows he his hooking the opponent all the time, the refs knows it, why don't he stop, hooking is simply not allowed anymore, can't he adapt like evryone else did ?

A good center has to make his linemates better and he did it last season, this year, its simply not working at all, however Koivu is a warrior and i expect him to come back in the playoff and play good hockey.... After taking a break since the snow started to fall, i expect him to be in good shape and well rested during the playoff.

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote