View Single Post
Old
03-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
If you got the money and space, make a pit.

If you got less money buy a Webber. Good quality, personal experience.

I don't use propane anymore, i went back to charcoal. You just can't beat the taste of a charcoal grill. Webber has a nice charcoal/propane combo. Use the propane to light up the charcoal and the use the charcoal to cook with.

But charcoal always has the same problems, harder to get even cooking temps and it just keeps burning even after your done cooking.
A few things:

1. I have a natural gas connection to my house so I'm going to be using it. Also, I can't put a pit in my backyard as it isn't allowed by the city.

2. The Napoleon that I'm looking at has a charcoal tray that you can buy. So I can cook charcoal in the bbq.

3. I've heard great things about Weber but I've heard great things about Napoleon too. They're known as "the Weber of Canada" and many people actually see them as superior now believe it or not.

4. What I really want to know is, how about infrared? I've heard its great but I don't know anyone who has one. I know that its been used in rotisseries for years but now they have searers in the grill itself. It lights instantly and heats to 1200 degrees in under a minute. Great for searing steaks. Then you move the steaks to the regular burners and cook according to taste.

Here's the grill I'm looking at:
http://www.napoleongrills.com/Gourme.../PT600RBI.html

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote