View Single Post
Old
03-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Mcdonagh last 26gm (2g-1a-3pts-22pim) is it me or mcdonagh was hyped at the draft as an offensive defensemen? Btw in my limited viewing of him at the u-18 i never tought of mcdonagh as an offensive defensemen...
McDo was never drafted as an offensive defensemen. Like WTK mentioned already, was hyped as one of the most complete, 2-way d-man with good mobility, good shot, good awareness in both zones, but was not drafted as a Sanguinetti or as a Shattenkirk.

Depending of the Weber's, Subban's and Carle's progression, we do not have an true offensive defenceman in our system. Would love to see Korneev get a shot but I wouldn't hold my breath on this...

From reading Montreal's reports and for having seen 3 games lately, I think that McDo's youth and inexperience finally got to him. Looked much better at the start and in the middle of the year than he did in the last part of the year. Not saying he was bad, but showed signs of fatigue and being overmatched in some occasions.

But all year long, coaches keep repeating how it was a great accomplishment for him to be used the way he was for a young kid. Usually, as good as you are, kids take a backseat, he didn't. Good overall year for him!