View Single Post
Old
03-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
so let me get this straight, gainey a man of his word AND carbo BOTH tell higgins he is NOT being dealt before the deadline. the globe's Stephen Brunt in montreal to cover gainey's jersey retirement is told informally that higgins is 'never on the table' to be traded...and the habs turn around and deal their 24 year old A-captain and 3 picks to the leafs for a rental with their most hated divisional foe- who subsequently gets injured?

simmons is an idiot
I think this is a counter punch to Damien Cox's Toronto Star article that complimented Gainey on his deadline day leadership. Simmons often looks for the Toronto market one-up story, especially when he scoops his chief rival.

I personally find his account ridiculous and without a shred of credibility.

But Simmons is not looking for fans like me to find his story compelling, he's going after the Sun readers that are looking for a new Leaf scapegoat and have Sundin in their sights.

The calls of "look what great shape the Leafs would be in had these players signed their NTC clauses" is a theme that Toronto area fans are going to hear from their media for quite some time. As long as it resonates with Leaf fans and sells papers and online mouse clicks, it's the theme-du-jour.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote