View Single Post
Old
03-16-2008, 01:46 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
That's not going to do much, it will make line changes more choatic, that's about it.

By over coaching, I mean more about systems and stuff they learn during practice. I am sure the players are smart enough to figure out how to get on the ice against Sidney Crosby all on their own.

If you "ban" them altogether, the teams will hire "hockey advisors" and then we'll have freaking spy-gate drama everytime Doug Jarvis is seen near the Bell Centre!
First, I think you underestimate the importance of in-game adjustments that teams make.

Secondly, I edit my posts (a bad habit in quick conversations) and replied as well with this:

You can't stop coaching. Putting players in situations where coaching is prohibited is silly to me. You're removing strategy from the game, and frankly if you do what you're speaking of you'll end up in a trapping-friendly NHL again. Every line will have to be able to trap and smother the opposing players, so offense might go up (I doubt it), but it won't be exciting hockey. Do we really want to encourage clamp-down defensive hockey again?

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote